Pages

Monday, October 24, 2005

Christmas spirit

I don't know if you believe in Christmas miracles. I don't. But the fact that the atmosphere surrounding the holiday season might miraculously work small wonders.

Here is mine:
One Christmas eve I was shopping and as I wandered into a downtown perfumery (don't ask) I saw a Lolita Lempicka's apple-shaped container that always reminds me of a girl I had feelings for. So I bought it. I wasn't going to give it to anybody as I had no one in mind. I was going to use it as a room fragrance.

After walking around for a while I got tired, went into a fastfood restaurant, and opened the packaging. As I was sitting there admiring the pretty apple shape some guy at the next table asked me what it was. I explained to him and he said I must still have strong feelings for the girl who used it. Yes, I suppose so.

Soon we started chatting the little holiday chitchat and his bisness was to make up with his girlfriend so they took this shopping trip from Philly (I could be wrong, could have been Charlotte) to NYC. He lost sight of her amid the crazy last minute shoppers. Long story short, I ended up giving him the Lolita Lempicka. His face lit up with surprise. I hope they made up. That was five years ago.

1 comment:

todd said...

It is a taboo talking about Christmas before Thanksgiving, or wearing white after Labor's Day, which puzzles the hell outta me.

My funny head can't tell right from, well, left. So Christmas it is. ^_^

Life is nothing but random repetition. It's up to the individual to make it different from the others. I'm working on mine.