Pages

Sunday, August 06, 2006

official summer break

My two-week summer holiday started tonight, and right off the bat I have trouble sleeping. Be it the heat or the anticipation of an unsure near future, said holiday period inclusive.

It's 4:40 in the morning the birds all began their chirping at the same time, without fail everyday right around 12 minutes after daybreak, as if they had an agreement. They probably do.

A girl I dated pretty briefly five years ago suddenly got in touch and has become somewhat accesible from where I'm at at the moment. Not that there will be any romantic expectations but it's damn good to catch up with her. In addition a number of old friends I'll be visiting while going west to the metropolis, killing multiples with one stone so to speak. (hold your horses, I know how that saying goes. ^_^)

The second part of my holiday involves driving to Hokkaido, again. But it doesn't look as sure. This year I've decided not to make the trip myself, an atempt to quit my self-inflicted social suicide (notice the redundancy). One person is onboard, but a second is not confirmed yet she holds the key to it being a reality or otherwise.

Other news includes a billion things that slip my mind.


Semi (cicadas) are not the best looking bugs out there but if any one thing would instantly reminds me of a Japanese summer it's got to be a semi's ability to use its body as a resonance chamber to produce sounds louder than 106 dB. (between a jack hammer 1m away and a jet from 100m)

No comments: