Pages

Friday, July 06, 2007

wake up and...

drive!

Do you remember a long time ago there were a series of car commercials with the catch phrase "Wake Up and Drive"? I can't recall what manufacturer it was from but that's exactly how I felt getting up today. I want to jump into my roadster in the driveway and go very very far away, with or without a destination at the end of the journey.

OK, I admit there are certainly more pressing issues elsewhere. I know I've been obsessed with the new ride. But hear me out, today I had my first tail slide, unintended. Although tame it'll be with more "wheel" time. I know it. Here is why. While it's prone to possible trouble on the open road with other traffic under similar situation, its every spin was surprisingly predictable. It almost wants to teach me, "There, hop in and let me take control for a bit. This is how it's done." I'm getting familiarized with it. The relationship is going to be a mutually appreciative one.


See the mud on the rear tires? Well maybe you can't, but if you squint you'll see the cause of today's tail-happiness. Vroom... vrooooom...

This is going to be the last post about this car for a while.

No comments: