Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

test driven

A while ago before I bought my new car, I went on a test-driving spree. These were the ones I drove and my pros and cons about them.


Mazda RX8 (Type RS)
pros: RENESIS rotary engine smooth as silk; 9k redline; Type RS seats hug like gloves; seats 4
cons: gallops gasoline, shocking even with its reputation; handles a little like a larger car



Mazda Roadster RHT (MX-5 elsewhere)
pros: mean little engine grunts; hardtop; handles; fun everyday sports car
cons: not enough hp; front grille styling questionable; cheap-looking dash


Subaru Impreza WRX STi
pros: quickest of the bunch; turbo; hauls family; wonderful seat options
cons: handles like a big car; boring looks; low redline


Nissan Fairlady Z (370Z elsewhere)
pros: great handling; plenty of power; well designed
cons: door handle; love it or hate it front grille; wanting to be a Porsche

And of course I chose

Honda S2000 (Type S, Club Racer in the US)
pros: superb handling; VTEC engine; 8200rpm redline; stiff suspenions; least compromises in price range
cons: dated interior

2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, I love your pro "Hauls Family."

That's my sentiments exactly for our Legacy. And yes, it handles like a big car because it IS a big car. Actually, I've noticed all the subaru's don't get around in parking lots very well... I see mom's in minivans that out-maneuver me in my legacy. I'm grumpy till we all get out of the parking lot and then they kiss our tailpipe goodbye.

トッド英会話 said...

STi really isn't that big "in person" and it's a performance car/wagon therefore it should be a little more maneuverable. But there are several suspensions settings to fiddle around with if given time.

Hauling family has become an important criterion for car consideration. The next one would be a 7-seater.