Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

is it spring yet?

eh...........

On my vacation, kid at school, wife at work, the sun behind wintery spring clouds. I stare at my S2000 sitting in the driveway, wishing winter would go away. Right now? 5 degrees Celsius, roughly 40F. Overnight low is -1C. A winter day in the beginning of spring, er no, a number of winter days. It's been cold.

With the road wet, I can still go and have a drive, but not as hard as I'd like.
With the rain coming down, I can't have the top down, which sucks.

It's hard to look at the paint job being so dull.
I eagerly wait until this last spurt of winter leaves my patch of roads.

VACATION UPDATE

The sun actually made an appearance after 2 days' absence. Warmed up the little rocket and went for an after-rain 12 noon drive. I've been living here in this part of Japan for more than 5 years so I know these country roads like the back of my hand. They are mostly empty except a couple of main arteries that run into the "busy" parts of town. The roads were just dry. Steam rising from the asphalt.

It leaves me only one question really. Should humans be given this much power on command by a flick of the wrist? And it's merely an S2000.

No comments: