Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

numbness

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Thu, May 12th, 2005 (21)
Wed, May 11th, 2005 (61)
Tue, May 10th, 2005 (24)



def: Partial or total lack of sensation in a part of the body; a symptom of nerve damage or dysfunction


Insurgents averaged about 70 attacks a day at the start of May, up from 30-40 in February and March, said Lt. Col. Steven Boylan. -AP



Newspapers, Internet news, talk shows, fake news shows, etc.

There is an unofficial research that indicates there have been at least 10 deaths in Iraq everyday for the past 25 months. Indeed a research done by me. Have we become numb. Did I not come this close to serve in the army and would otherwise be asked to kill innocent people and be killed? Is it their fault? How numb can you be?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can honestly say that I have not become numb as to our soldiers in harm's way. I have one friend who has been called for the second time since 9/11 and this time he is in Iraq. I know one young man that was injured in the line of duty. Where it really came home to rest is a small town about twenty miles away lost two young men, they were members of the same church and their funerals were oonly 6 days apart. Numb is something I can not be with so many from my area called up to active duty and deployed to Iraq.

todd said...

I am referring to the situation where someone opens up a newspaper, glances over to the headlines and quite automatically assumes there are deaths in Iraq, because simply, there will be. Statistics would agree. Chances are there would be US servicemen and women among Iraqi bodies. So what does the reader do? He quickly switches to other news, some might be Hollywood scandals, others reality show's results. He seems to care more about those pieces of news, which amid our invasion, are nothing but stupidity. It makes me sick to the stomach. But don’t we all do that sometimes?