Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

another day another year

The years are creeping by. While I believe a birthday is just an uninspired excuse to celebrate one's life, as time passes, reminiscing ain't all that bad. I've always been an old kid growing up. Now that I actually am, I'll share with you a little bit of insight I've gathered in the past year. Physical reality is only part of the fabric of truth in which itself is up for interpretation and is bounded by social norms. There is more to life than materialism in either the philosophy or worldly sense. That said, I had a nice dinner with a friend and received a couple of presents. I again actively avoided gatherings as if I'm repenting for crimes that I didn't commit, or did I? I'm afraid I got a little too infatuated with my current modus vivendi.

OK tonight the next door neighbors having sex in the apartment separated from mine by a paper thin wall don't help. Half the time I can't tell if she sounds like she's gaping for air amid rushs of enjoyment or merely being tortured. But of course the two can go hand in hand for all I know. I applaud their efforts of 1+ hours of rolling. I guess it's reciprocal.

No comments: