Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

knowing our place

I finished watching the Japanese TV drama "One Liter of Tears" over the holiday. While I was at it the boy, one of the main characters, says something that's haunted me since, roughly translated and dug up from faulty memory, "No living things except humans try to prolong their life expectancy. Maybe we're the ones who don't know our place in the universe?" It's agreeable there is at least a little bit of greed involved there. But someone once said without us the man giving meaning to the universe its existence would only have been insignificant. Yes but that's like if you say your girlfriend wouldn't know love if she's never loved by you. (hah!)

Anyway I'm continuing my sole effort to "decipher" the mystery that is life. And the only one and efficient way to do this is to view it as objectively as possible. What I don't share with you is potentially more important to my "research" than not. How I wish I could just manipulate reality for the benefit of tapping into better understanding. My god I have all the right stuff for an evil scientist minus the knowledge part.

FujiTV 1リットルの涙

1 comment:

todd said...

it works but it removes some fundament from the very core of known accepted practices. ^_^ the hell with it.