Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

stitching


Bright afternoon sun in this allergy season with just a tiny hint of pollens in the air makes it a good sewing day. I have these pants, Ralph Lauren military pant monty cargo to be exact, that I can't seem to give up. I must have had them for eight years judging from the wears and tears. Fixing the tears in them relaxes me a great deal. Coffee loungh music helps tremendously. My first serious sewing job this is. I've been wearing them with obvious holes in strange places. To show you my handy skills, or lack there of, here is a pic of the sewn crotch previously called the breathingroom. None of the flies work except the zipper in the front (thank god!) There were a total of 17 holes before stitching some in. When I first bought them from a discount store I never thought they'll last this long and accompany me through ups and downs. These are my and my only traveling pants. I vow to keep them as long as their threads stay intact. They've spanned the entire US East Coast, parts of Canada, nearly all of Japan, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Thailand.

2 comments:

kiki said...

Thats made me super nostalgic for times past, seeing those pants. Dont chuck 'em Todd, they are historic.

todd said...

so many good memories Jackie.

sarah, my students first reaction on seeing those pants was what the f@#%!