Pages

Sunday, June 05, 2005

finally got what I wanted

I came to Japan for a couple of reasons. One of them is to do some "soul-searching", whatever you consider that to be.

To me, it's a time I look inwards, no, not like that, to see who I really am. When I was in Ehime, that didn't happen. I was too busy, too outgoing. I partied and made at least a dozen friends, whom I've treasured dearly while our paths crossed. I'd love to see them again and again and again but I can only do what I can. Once in a while, I have to move on.

I have been in Chiba for more than two months now, I haven't made one friend. Well I have had some adventures but no one I actually see on a regular basis. Those I meet are far from me at least in Tokyo which is 3 hours away. And the last time I saw anyone socially was one month ago.

This is the perfect opportunity as I am working my ass off - six days a week, 40 students a day (actually on avg. 20), on top of that, two public schools. I need the experience. I need the money. I need the piece of quiet, away from people. I need to concentrate. Why do you think I pick 'em countrified cities? I am more than glad "it" finally gets here. Mind you, I wouldn't trade my first Japan experience for the world.

I am avoiding people. They might be great people. We might click. I might fall in love with one of them. None of that matters. None of that is on my mind. I want this inner peace. I want to soul-search. And conveniently it saves me money. And no, I don't feel the least bit lonely. From now on, I hope this continues. I hope I don't run into anybody who is genuinely interesting. I am keeping on my little journey to that place I seek so frantically. At least for a while.

No comments: