Pages

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Murakami

I don't know if this is right, but who am I to judge?

I certainly have contributed enough in terms of paying for Murakami Haruki's books. I think I have all his books in my possession, except a few. All paid for one form or another, some Japanese original texts (first published version, used) as well since I have been in Japan, still mostly English though.

Heck I even have the original 2-volumn Norwegian Wood, the black and red set, yes take that, any Murakami fan out there. Take that! Now who goes the distance to collect? It is the third Nowegian Wood I've bought to date. I have also purchased two translations of The End of the World and the Hard-boiled Wonderland. I've read both of these novels over five times each, in three different translations, over a ten-year period of time. On the other hand, I have only read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle twice, plus once incomplete. I've read Dance Dance Dance, South of the Border, West of the Sun, A Wild Sheep Chase, Sputnik Sweetheart, and The Elephant Vanishes : Stories, twice+ and in two translations each. I read Underground only once, and... to be continued, list goes on...

read On Seeing the 100% Perfect Girl One Beautiful April Morning

I am quite the pirate, but I buy the things I truely enjoy, hope you do the same.

No comments: