Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2005

my amazing ride

Let's not talk about what I drive. But I will write about what's good about it.

Shifting: In roughly six seconds, I have to shift from first to the top gear. That's the equivalent of a Formula One car. Yes, I red-line it every chance I have.

Steering: feather-light.

Delay of the clutch: The car jerks because it's not designed for quick shifting, which means it trains me into a smooth shifter.

Primitivism: It's got absolutely nothing. No power-anything, no ABS, no cruise control, no CD player, no stability control, no extra computer chips, no nothing, 100% driver. Let me remind you that's the concept behind every road-going track-day supercar!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Well, that's all that's good about it. The rest is dreadful. It's a kei car with four gears, really lacks power but on Japan's country road, that's fine. It also looks like a duck.

No comments: