Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

bloggin' good?

news update:

Google Launches Industrial Strength Blog Search (Sept 19, 2005)
Caution: Your boss is reading your blog (Sept 19, 2005)
People blog as therapy, says AOL (Sept 19, 2005)
Dictionary recognizes 'blog' but not 'bling bling' (Sept 18, 2005)
Blog creator will retire (June 4, 2005)
Weblog editors let you create posts offline (June 03, 2005)
Blog’s All Here: Let the 2008 Presidential Race Begin! (June 02, 2005)
Oh, bless me, blog, for I have sinned (JUNE 1, 2005)
AmericanBlog.Org Announces FREE National 50 State Blog Infrastructure (May 31, 2005)
Newspaper Encourages Feedback, Calls It A Blog (May 27, 2005)



Why blog? you ask.

I used to hate the idea of blogging. The more people are doing it, the less it appeals to me. There is a theory in Economics about the trend of the general public and the taste-value depreciation that goes with it.

The first time I came accross a blog was 1999, if I recall correctly. And I even signed up for one. It was nice and my incentive was "I've become too lazy to keep a pen-and-paper journal anymore." But that didn't last for one reason or another. One of the reasons being I was a computer programmer. Having a CIS degree doesn't help convince me to convert to blogging. I've had my good old fashioned hand-coded websites for a few years, some for school assignments while others interests, then they died out gradually.

Too much competition and too little time. There are simply too many people who dedicate their time to designing good websites and keeping them running smoothly. I don't have that luxury, and I am not particularly innovative. So, I digress, succumb, give in, to blogging.

Blogging, wikipedia's definition

Despite how much I disliked blogging, it's nonetheless a thing in the near funture, more so than it is now. Everybody will blog. Look at the bright side, citizen journalism!

No comments: