Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2005

defense mechanism

Everybody's got some ways to protect themselves from others, and well, from themselves, so there is this thing called defense mechanism. Mine works pretty well. I have shitty memory. I just forget what is not pleasant. None of the effort put into the mechanism itself is on the conscious level. It's done in id, without my awareness.

But analyzing things is the one true skill I'm good at. I subconsciously analyze anything insight. A computer, a girl, a relationship, the city I live in, the country I'm from, the universe our planet is in, the very air between my eyes and this very screen. I can't help it. Old habits die hard.

Here are other defense mechanisms:

Denial.
Humor.
Altruism.
Splitting.
Undoing.
Isolation.
Acting out.
Projection.
Avoidance.
Regression.
Repression.
Sublimation.
Idealization.
Anticipation.
Introjection.
Suppression.
Somatization.
Displacement.
Compensation.
Rationalization.
Intellectualization.
Passive Aggression. Reaction formation.




wiki link

2 comments:

Ana-chan said...

well sometimes that's what we need. sometimes it's what other's need (defence I mean). and in the end nothing makes sense anymore...
forgive I am just going bla bla bla..

was just passing by here and i dun even know why i commented...

todd said...

ana-chan, thanks for dropping by. just thought its funny that defense mechanism is said to be out of our awareness entirely but how we're able to analize it intrigues me.

Myk, nice new blog. just signed up.